Who We Are
Elise Schopper-Brigel, Lawyer and Family Law Mediator
250-590-4840, ext. 221
I help families transition through their most challenging times compassionately, respectfully and efficiently. My experience offers clients solutions that are best suited to the needs of their family.
- Family Law
- Collaborative Family Practice
- Family Law Mediation
- Law Society of BC member since 1995
- Law Society of Upper Canada member from 1987-2006.
- Member of the Associate Family Roster of Mediate BC
- Member Mediation Study Group
- Member Collaborative Practice Group
- Charter member of the BC Collaborative Roster Society
- Collaborative Family Separation Professionals, Past co-chair. Past chair and presently member of the Training Committee.
- Past Co-chair of International Organizational Development Committee, International Academy of Collaborative Professionals (U.S.A.)
- Founder, Collaborative Law International European Institute
- Canadian Bar Association, past chair of Alternative Dispute Resolution section.
- SOS, member of Save Our Salmon
- I had lived in Europe for over 10 years where I traveled extensively with my family, and became familiar with various cultures and languages, including German.
- I enjoy gardening, walking, bicycling and skiing in my spare time.
- The Advocate, “No Court Option Comes to Europe”, Volume 61, Pt 6, Nov 2003;
- CBA:ADR Possibilities, “Collaborative Law – Austrian Style” Oct 9, 2003; and
- Collaborative Connections, “Global Collaborative Practice”, Nov 2006, Volume 2, Issue 8
Karen Henry, Lawyer and Mediator
250-590-4840, ext. 222
Do you want to make informed legal decisions that are in the best interests of you and your family members? My knowledge, experience and support, will help you.
- Family Law and Adoptions
- Estate and Incapacity Planning
- Law Society of BC - since 1996.
- Canadian Bar Association - since 1996. Currently, member of the Family Law and Wills and Trusts sub-sections. Co-chair of the Wills and Trusts sub-section in 2009 and 2010 and Executive Member from 2006 to 2009.
- Victoria Collaborative Family Law Group - since 2002. Co-chair in 2003 and 2004. Presently on the Executive and Website Committee.
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals.
- BC Collaborative Roster Society – founding member.
- Adoptive Families Association of BC.
- Accredited as a Family Law Mediator by the Law Society of BC.
- Volunteered at an orphanage in Ethiopia for four months.
- Also visited orphanages and children’s homes in India, Eritrea, Nepal and Russia.
- Board Member of the Esquimalt Neighbourhood House from 2003 to 2007.